Sunday, August 29, 2010

My newest vintage handbag

Looky what I got! I just love this Roger Van S two tone purse! It looks so modern, in all senses of the word. I just saw an ad for a Kate Spade tote that looked very similar to this. But I am fortunate enough to own an original, finely crafted Roger Van S. When it comes to leather goods, you can't beat Roger Van S.
vintage roger van s bag
According to the mavens at Enoki World...

Who was Roger Van S? Technically a husband and wife team, Roger Van Schoyck and wife Doris, a former model, made some of the best bags in all vintage archives. Actually Roger was encouraged to take up a craft when he injured himself in the Army so he started tooling around with leather. When the savvy Mrs. put in her two cents, they created a signature collection of pigskin bags in all shapes and sizes with amazing shape and hardware.

The best part is this is such a season-less bag. This baby will carry me from winter to spring. Now I have to rethink my Coco Trophy Queen bag I was going to buy in the same color combination, but can anyone ever have enough black and white in their wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails